Every year in Poland around 50 000 women lose their child due to miscarriages, birth complications, birth defects. That is regardless of their age, health condition or level of care for herself or the child. That is why the Foundation for Family Planning created the support program for persons, married couples and families which suffered a loss of a child. Especially seeing the lack of places in Poland which deal with the issue of losing a child in its earliest stages of life. Parents after losing a child are often discriminated through impossibility of receiving understanding, support and care. In Wroclaw only Foundation for Family Planning carries out interdisciplinary, professional activities. The topic itself is crucial, since appropriate interdisciplinary intervention involving psychology, sex education, developing social skills, as well as coaching, advising and consultation ensures a good chance for successful parenthood in the future.
– running the every-day intervention-support phone-line
– psychological counseling
– individual therapy
– family psychotherapy
– support groups
– educational therapy groups
Our long-standing experience dealing wit the issue guarantees improvement of functionality for a family which suffered a loss of a child. It also offers help with day-to-day life problems and prevents crises. One of the program’s goals is also letting oneself go through multi-level, individual grief as a natural reaction to losing a child.
Ways of running the project
– recognizing problems and needs of persons, married couples and families after loss of a child
– Offering help and psychological support to married couples and families after loss of a child
– Running group education in the form of lectures, trainings, workshops, particularly in the area of raising parental competencies as well as creating and developing the skill of strengthening family bonds.
– Giving support with life decisions as well as actively getting ready to fulfill new roles within marriage or family.
– Offering help in the area of protecting parenthood and paternity
Support program for persons, married couples and families which suffered a loss of a child is being carried out by Foundation for Family Planning in Wroclaw from February 17th 2014 through December 31st 2016 and is being financed by the President of Wroclaw.